Personal Injury FAQs - Adolphe Law Group Skip to content


Home    /    FAQs

    Get a Free Case Assessment Today

    • Call an ambulance if anyone is injured.
    • Move your vehicle away from oncoming traffic to avoid any additional accidents.
    • Call the police to file an official police report.
    • Obtain information from the other party and any witnesses and collect any evidence.
    • Names of all drivers & passengers
    • Contact information (addresses, telephone numbers, etc.)
    • Insurance information.
    • License plate numbers.
    • Each vehicle’s make, model, year, and color.
    • Each vehicle’s registration number.
    • Get contact information from any witnesses.
    • Take photos of all vehicle damage.
    • Take photos of all physical injuries.
    • Any evidence that shows road and/or weather conditions.
    Yes, especially if there is significant property damage, serious bodily injury, and/or death.
    • The police report is the official documentation of the accident.
    • No, never admit fault for an auto accident.
    • Fault will be determined upon further investigation.
    • For purposes of your health it’s best to always seek medical attention as soon as possible following a car accident.
    • If you have an injury resulting from the car accident,
    • If you are not 100% at fault for the accident and
    • If there is liability insurance and/or you carry uninsured motorist insurance then you have a personal injury case.
    • Call your attorney’s office and he/she will advise you.
    • Generally, car accident attorneys take lost wages into account when filing suits against insurance companies.
    • Be sure to keep records of specific dates you missed work and the amount of money you lost.
    • No. The ONLY people who should have access to your medical records are your doctors and your personal injury attorney.
    • When it’s time to present your medical records to the insurance company as evidence, your personal injury attorney will do so.
    • Yes. Typically your car insurance, PIP (Personal Injury Protection) will pay 80% of your medical bills up to $10,000 and your health insurance will pay the remainder 20% along with anything above $10,000.00
    • Yes, if it is drivable. However, you should have your vehicle inspected by an auto repair mechanic BEFORE you resume driving your car.
    • Generally, an insurance company will send out an inspector to review the vehicle damage and direct you to a mechanic who will appraise the cost of vehicle repairs.
    • The insurance company will deem your vehicle a total loss (or “totaled”) when the cost to repair the vehicle exceeds a certain percentage of the vehicle’s worth.
    • The insurance company should pay you a check based on the market value of your vehicle before the accident.
    • The insurance company of the party at fault is responsible for paying car repair costs. However, if fault isn’t yet determined, you might file a claim with your own insurance company and after determining the other party was at fault, your insurance company might file for reimbursement.
    • Yes, through the at fault party’s insurance policy.
    • If the at fault party does not carry insurance then call your car insurance provider to find out if you have rental coverage.
    • You should hire an attorney if you are injured from the accident.
    • If there’s severe property damage and you don’t feel the insurance company is fairly compensating you.
    • Hire an attorney whose main practice focuses on personal injury. You don’t want to hire a family law attorney to work on your accident case.
    • Has a good reputation among both other clients and other attorneys.
    • Shows dedication to your case (i.e. keeps you regularly updated).
    • Makes you feel comfortable.
    • Just as many other aspects of car accident cases, this varies, too; however, the more evidence you have, the faster your attorney can work.

    Get started today!

    To speak with our team call 561-660-7776